September 28, 2020 “Excellence and Equity for Our Faculty”
After 18 meetings, the first which was held in late February, and countless hours on Zoom, the KUCFA Collective Bargaining Committee and the employer’s “Negotiating Panel,” reached an agreement and formally concluded our negotiations. The contract -‐ the “Conditions of Appointment for Faculty” -‐ expired on April 30, 2020.*
Here are a few of the highlights from the deal:
- 2-year deal (2020-2022)
- Salary anomaly study
- $2500 startup fund for new faculty
- 1% increase to base and PTR in each year of the deal
- 1% increase to PDF
- $50,000 increase to conference fund in 2021-2022
- 1 additional buyout and an increase of $50,000 in 2021-2022 to the research grants fund
- Pregnancy and Parental/Adoption Leave federal legislation compliance
- Creation of a Joint Consultative Committee
- OLRA compliant language throughout
- Gender neutral language throughout
In the coming days we will be posting the entire contract to the KUCFA OWL website for your consideration. We will also be holding a special meeting of KUCFA in early October specifically for the purpose of discussing the contract and to conduct a ratification vote.
As always, the Collective Bargaining Committee of KUCFA worked tirelessly on your behalf during these unusual circumstances since mid-March. We always had the best interests of our colleagues in mind and we believe this contract represents this commitment to you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this over and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
The KUCFA Collective Bargaining Committee: Stephanie Bangarth (chief negotiator); Anisha Datta; Adian McFarlane; Pat Ryan and Lesley DePauw.
* For details of the procedures, see “Negotiation Procedures”, Appendix A, page 63 Conditions of Appointment of Faculty